- Mar 1, 2011 at 7:00am EST to Mar 29, 2011 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: Florence Gould Hall
FIAF is proud to present Cinema des Femmes, a series celebrating the rich history of women's filmmaking in France.
- Created by: FIAF
- Mar 1, 2011 at 3:00pm EST to Apr 12, 2011 at 4:00pm EDT
- Location: Pearl Studios
In this introduction to acting workshop, international students will learn basic acting technique while improving their English skills. We will incorporate voice work, physical improvisation and scene study to prepare students to perform in American English. The 5 session class will culminate in a presentation of monologues and scenes. In keeping with our mission to promote international theatre by living artists, we will draw on texts by contemporary famous finternational playwrights. Students will have the choice to work on contemporary American texts or translate their scene or monologue into English from their native tongue, if they so desire. The class will include regular visits to international theatre events followed by discussion.
When: Tuesdays 8-10.30pm
March 1 - April 12
Where: Pearl Studios, 500 8th Avenue, btw 35th and 36th
- Created by: Anne
- Mar 3, 2011 to Mar 27, 2011
- Location: Cantor Film Center, DGA Theater, IFC Center, Scholastic Theater, Symphony Space, Asia Society
- Description: NYICFF 2011, March 4-27, premieres 100 exceptional new films from around the world, plus filmmaker Q&As, receptions, panels, workshops, retrospectives, audience voting and theNYICFF Awards Ceremony. NYICFF will present three gorgeous French animated features: the US Premiere of A Cat in Paris, the NY Premiere of The Storytelling Show, and the English Language World Premiere of Mia & The Migoo! Tickets are selling out fast, so get yours today at www.GKIDS.com.
- Created by: Regan Rondy
- Mar 11, 2011 at 3:00am EST to Mar 31, 2011 at 5:00pm EDT
- Location: New England
Let's celebrate Francophonie in New England!
Check the website:http://0327f7c.netsolhost.com/WordPress/?lang=en
and share you own events!
- Created by: Marie Laffitte
- Mar 15, 2011 at 2:00pm to Mar 20, 2011 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: MGallery Bakoua Hotel, Martinique.
The French Institute Alliance Francaise (FIAF), New York's most respected center dedicated to French and Francophone culture, in collaboration with the Martinique Promotion Bureau, is launching next month the first edition of a full-immersion program on the Caribbean island.
For more information:
Featured on uncommoncaribbean.com - click here!
Register by Friday, February 25.
- Created by: FIAF
- Mar 17, 2011 to Mar 31, 2011
- Location: IFC Center
- Description: Nostalgia For the Light
Friday 3/18/11-Thursday 3/31/11
Master director Patricio Guzmán travels 10,000 feet above sea level to the driest desert on earth for this remarkable documentary. Here, the sky is so translucent that it allows
astronomers to see the boundaries of our universe. Yet the Atacama Desert climate also keeps human remains intact: pre-Columbian mummies; explorers and miners; and the remains of disappeared political prisoners. Women sift the desert soil for the bones of their loved ones, while archaeologists uncover traces of ancient civilizations and astronomers examine the most distant and oldest galaxies. Melding celestial and earthly quests,NOSTALGIA FOR THE LIGHT is a gorgeous, moving, and deeply personal odyssey.
There will be a Q&A with director Patricio Guzman on 3/18/11.
Tickets: Adults $13, Children 12 and under $9, Seniors $9 Members $8
For information about specific screening time call (212) 924-7771 or visit http://www.ifccenter.com/
For more informatio
- Created by: Joseph Valle
- Mar 17, 2011 to Mar 20, 2011
- Location: Performing Arts Center, SUNY Purchase
- Description: The premier French film festival held annually at the Performing Arts Center at SUNY Purchase. See a weekend of the best in new French and Francophone films. Opening night gala, March 18 with a screening of Copacabana, a comedy starring Isabelle Huppert and directed by Marc Fitoussi.
Add to the mix an array of award-winning actors, directors, and producers, and a sumptuous gala event prepared by Les Maitres Cuisiniers de France, and you have the recipe for the most exciting film event of the new year.
- Created by: Frank Juliano
- Mar 17, 2011 at 6:00am to Mar 20, 2011 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: PIER 92 at West Side Highway
B R U C E T H U R M A N ( booth # 411) at T H E A R T I S T P R O J E C T - NYC
march 17-20, 2011
THE ARTIST PROJECT -PIER 92 - 55th St. at WEST SIDE HIGHWAY- NEW YORK CITY
The standardized format of the books (mixed media on wood), offers a neutral surface onto which I stage my little dramas, project memories and vent anxieties. They are make-believe sketchbooks, pasted over and cut up, storyboards with movable pages. Referential in nature and constructivist in process, they could be looked upon as modern day (miniature) diptychs. I try not to plan them out too much in advance or pre-design them. They have an unfinished feel, a grit due to their being themselves both studies and works in progress. In a sense, the notebooks are a parody of the design process itself, a virtual sketchpad that has become my personal narrative.
Bruce Thurman was born in Chicago on November 9, 1948. He studied Architecture at the University of Ill
- Created by: bruce r thurman
- Mar 18, 2011 at 6:00am to Mar 21, 2011 at 2:00pm EDT
- Location: Porte de Versailles H23
- Description: Du I8 au 20 mars 2011, je serai en dédicace au Salon du Livre de Paris à l'espace Outre-Mer. Si votre disponibilité le permet, nous pourrions y discuter de L'arbre à plumes et plus généralement de l'âme de nos sociétés caribéennes...Vos ami(e)s seront également les bienvenu(e)s.
- Created by: Joëlle VERDOL
- Mar 18, 2011 at 3:15pm to Mar 20, 2011 at 3:30pm EDT
- Location: The Performing Arts Center, Purchase College, Purchase NY
- Description: The Alliance Francaise of Greenwich, CT in partnership with Purchase College, NY presents the 7th annual festival of French and Francophone Cinema.Where: The Performing Arts Center at Purchase College, NY - Use Anderson Hill Road address on siteWhen- Friday, March 18- Sunday,March 20, 2011Details :12 French Language films ( in French with English subtitles)Opening Night, Friday, March 18 features US Premiere of Copacabana starring Isabelle Huppert and her daughter Lolita Chammah.Lolita Chammah will be present for the Q & A following the film and for the Gala Buffet dinner offered by "Les Maitres Cuisiniers de France" and the " Academie Culinaire de France".5 US Premiere films with guests including Lolita Chammah, Maris Hansen-Love( Le Pere de mes enfants) and Marc Esposito ( Mon Pote)For details and to buy tickets to this great weekend of French language film please visit www.focusonfrenchcinema.org.
- Created by: Gail Gavin-Covney
- Mar 19, 2011 from 6:00am to 8:00am EDT
- Location: Bibliothèque de Woodbury
Conférence en anglais par Jessica McBride, Candidate au Doctorat en Français à l'Université de Connecticut 10h à 11h
Lecture et Conversation en français.
Café et croissants!
- Created by: Marie Laffitte
- Mar 19, 2011 from 10:00am to 12:00pm EDT
- Location: Central Library
- Description: The Queens Library New Americans Program, in conjunction with the Authors Association of French-speaking Ontario, the publisher Editions du Vermillon and the Québec Government Office in New York presents "A Haitian Afternoon at the Library" on March 19.
Haïti, je t’aime! Ayiti, mwen renmen ou!. [Haïti, I love you!]: Haitian Author Talk followed by Haitian Music and Dance.
Inspired by the tragic earthquake of 2010, this anthology of 53 authors fron Ontario, Quebec and New York is a tribute to the strength and hope of the Haitian people in the face of adversity. A number of authors who participated in the anthology will read from their selections and answer questions.
The book presentation will be followed by a performance by the Agoci Dance Company. Founded by the Haitian performer and choreographer, Rol’hans Innocent, the company combines traditional Haitian folklore with modern contemporary dance. Agoci’s performance will be in honor of the victims of the earthquake with songs and danc
- Created by: Fabienne Bilodeau
- Mar 19, 2011 from 3:00pm to 4:45pm EDT
- Location: FIAF - The Florence Gould Hall
- Description: FIAF is proud to present a sneak preview of Queen to Play (Joueuse), a film by Caroline Bottaro. On March 19th, this special screening of Queen to Play will be followed by a Q&A with filmmaker Caroline Bottaro at FIAF's Florence Gould Hall.
- Created by: FIAF