- Mar 1, 2011 at 7:00am EST to Mar 29, 2011 at 3:00pm EDT
- Location: Florence Gould Hall
FIAF is proud to present Cinema des Femmes, a series celebrating the rich history of women's filmmaking in France.
- Created by: FIAF
- Mar 1, 2011 at 3:00pm EST to Apr 12, 2011 at 4:00pm EDT
- Location: Pearl Studios
In this introduction to acting workshop, international students will learn basic acting technique while improving their English skills. We will incorporate voice work, physical improvisation and scene study to prepare students to perform in American English. The 5 session class will culminate in a presentation of monologues and scenes. In keeping with our mission to promote international theatre by living artists, we will draw on texts by contemporary famous finternational playwrights. Students will have the choice to work on contemporary American texts or translate their scene or monologue into English from their native tongue, if they so desire. The class will include regular visits to international theatre events followed by discussion.
When: Tuesdays 8-10.30pm
March 1 - April 12
Where: Pearl Studios, 500 8th Avenue, btw 35th and 36th
- Created by: Anne
- Mar 3, 2011 to Mar 27, 2011
- Location: Cantor Film Center, DGA Theater, IFC Center, Scholastic Theater, Symphony Space, Asia Society
- Description: NYICFF 2011, March 4-27, premieres 100 exceptional new films from around the world, plus filmmaker Q&As, receptions, panels, workshops, retrospectives, audience voting and theNYICFF Awards Ceremony. NYICFF will present three gorgeous French animated features: the US Premiere of A Cat in Paris, the NY Premiere of The Storytelling Show, and the English Language World Premiere of Mia & The Migoo! Tickets are selling out fast, so get yours today at www.GKIDS.com.
- Created by: Regan Rondy
- Mar 7, 2011 at 2:00pm EST to Mar 13, 2011 at 12:00pm EDT
- Location: Metropolitan Room
Tonia Bern-Campbell returns to New York for the first time in
30 years when she appeared at the St. Regis and Waldorf
The show is a personal memoir of her friendship and professional relationships with Piaf, Chevalier and Brel told
through their music and Tonia's commentary.
Ms. Campbell was recognized in Paris as the foremost
interpreter of Jacque Brel's music and toured with Chevalier
and appeared in two films with him as well as the Jack
Benny Show in the U.S.
- Created by: Dennis Ritz
- Mar 11, 2011 at 3:00am EST to Mar 31, 2011 at 5:00pm EDT
- Location: New England
Let's celebrate Francophonie in New England!
Check the website:http://0327f7c.netsolhost.com/WordPress/?lang=en
and share you own events!
- Created by: Marie Laffitte