- Nov 4, 2010 at 2:00pm EDT to Jan 29, 2011 at 2:00pm EST
- Location: FIAF • Gallery
- Description: The Gallery of the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), New York’s premiere French cultural center, is proud to present from November 4-January 29, 2011, a new exhibit that examines sources of inspiration from two parallel cities, Paris / New York: Crisscross Views. A rare loan from the Maison Européene de la Photographie (MEP) to coincide with the “Mois de la Photo” (Photography Month) in Paris, the exhibit includes striking French and American photography on view for the first time in New York City.
- Created by: Jennifer Kutsher
- Dec 21, 2010 to Jan 31, 2011
- Location: union square near by
voic les details
pottery barn changing table white / little cream kendall Classic changing table
very safe, love the space under to put diapers them toys very safe the baby start to walk .
very easy with the space on the right side to put extra diapers cream cotton etc...
after a long study this table was the best on the market ( not cheap but very solid and convenient)
I finally says good by to the diapers I would love to share this table with another family
pick up only we are close of union square. this is a great deal
more detail of the table from the web
* Rigorously tested to meet or exceed the highest industry safety standards.
* Masterfully crafted from solid wood, wood veneers and MDF, anengineered wood that lends exceptional strength and ensures that thechanging table will endure over time.
* All wood is kiln dried for added strength and lasting beauty.
* The use of veneers results in high-quality furniture with flawless surfaces and consistent color tones.
* Our fin
- Created by: brigitte saint Ouen
- Jan 10, 2011 at 1:00pm to Feb 16, 2011 at 5:00pm EST
- Location: Chelsea
Registration is now open for January French classes with Act French (Actfrench.com) in Manhattan.
-French language classes
-Acting in French
-Act American: for internationals
Semester Spotlight : Joël Pommerat et la France Métropolitaine
*French language classes for performing arts professionals and theatre lovers with a focus on contemporary French theatre from around the world (no acting or French experience necessary)
*Acting in French for native speakers and fluent theatre lovers
*Act American: an acting in English class for international students and Americans who want to connect to the international community or learn to translate for the American theatre.
Pearl Studios: 500 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10011
Actors, opera singers, filmmakers, editors, lawyers, journalists and all theatre enthusiasts equally welcome.
Français I (for beginners) - Monday at 6:15pm
Français II (for intermediates) - Mondays at 8:15pm
- Created by: Manisha Snoyer - Actress/Teacher
- Jan 11, 2011 at 6:00am to Feb 1, 2011 at 1:00pm EST
- Location: Agora Gallery
- Description: Chelsea’s Agora Gallery will feature French artist, Patrick Girod, in Enigmatic Realms. The exhibition is scheduled to run from January 11, 2011 through February 1, 2011 (opening reception: Thursday, January 13, 2011).Patrick Girod’s work combines the ecstatic effulgence considered endemic to his native France with the strictness and humility associated with Switzerland. Working with oil on canvas in a traditional drip technique, Girod’s meandering compositions match the fanaticism of Pollock with the austerity of the Minimalists. Equally heuristic and playful, Girod’s oil drips appear in modest quantities but act fiercely upon the senses, creating a "neuronal impressionism" reminiscent of music, dance and dream life. Thin, wailing lines come to meet delicate droplets falling in place like cosmic constellations or notes in a swinging musical score. In other instances, we see Girod’s swift stroke take on anthropomorphic qualities, suggesting movement and bodily communication. Form, line
- Created by: Lee Eagle
- Jan 11, 2011 at 7:30am to Jan 25, 2011 at 2:00pm EST
- Location: FIAF - Florence Gould Hall, 55 East 59th Street
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), New York's premiere French cultural center, will ring in the New Year with a special CinémaTuesdays series devoted to one of France’s most beloved character actors, Lino Ventura: “Monsieur Gangster.” During the month of January, FIAF will present six French thriller and film noir classics exploring different facets of Ventura’s gangster persona, including Jean-Pierre Melville’s World War II masterpiece Army of Shadows (L’Armée des ombres) and Louis Malle’s New Wave sensation Elevator to the Gallows (Ascenseur pour l’échafaud).
- Created by: Jennifer Kutsher
- Jan 15, 2011 at 6:00am to Feb 12, 2011 at 9:00am EST
- Location: Pearl Studios
In this introduction to acting workshop, international students will have the opportunity to learn basic acting technique while improving their English skills. We will incorporate voice work, physical improvisation and scene study to prepare students to perform in American English. The 5 session class will culminate in a presentation of monologues and scenes. In keeping with our mission to promote international theatre by living artists, we will draw on texts by contemporary international playwrights from around the world. Students will have the choice to work on contemporary American texts or translate their scene or monologue into English from their native tongue, if they so desire. The class will include regular visits to international theatre events followed by discussion.
This class is also appropriate for American students who want to connect to the international community and improve their skills in translating international plays for the American theatre.
When: Saturdays 11-2
- Created by: Manisha Snoyer - Actress/Teacher
- Jan 15, 2011 at 7:00pm to Feb 18, 2011 at 6:00pm EST
- Location: Museum of Art & Design / Parson School of Design / Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
- Description: COOPER-HEWITT NATIONAL DESIGN MUSEUM
ONGOING EXHIBITION NATIONAL DESIGN TRIENNIAL WHY DESIGN NOW?
May 14, 2010 - January 9, 2011
A conversation with François Azambourg, Eben Bayer and other triennial participants about innovative materials designers are using in their work.
Moderated by Andrew H. Dent, Vice President, Material Connexion
Free for students
NOVEMBER 16th at 6:30PM
2 East 91st Street, NY 10128
PARSONS THE NEW SCHOOL FOR DESIGN
QUOTIDIAN PRODUCT: PARIS/NEW YORK
Panel discussion between two significant product design studios based in Paris (Normal Studio, François Azambourg) with New York City counterparts (Antenna Design, Jeff Miller). Moderated by Parsons Associate Professor Rama Chorpash.
NOVEMBER 18th AT 6PM
65 West 11th Street, NY 10011
wollman Hall, Lang Building - Room B500 (enter at 66 West 12th Street)
www.newschool.edu/parsons - Free event
- Created by: Marion Brun
- Jan 18, 2011 to Jan 29, 2011
- Location: New York
- Description: Unifrance in partnership with Allociné, with the support of the Centre National de la Cinématographie and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is organizing the first French online film festival open to Internet users around the world...more
- Created by: New York in French
- Jan 18, 2011 from 1:00pm to 3:30pm EST
- Location: The Netherland Club
- Description: Currencies, local legislation and payment behavior are all elements that make international business interesting yet challenging with regard to credit risk management. Our e x p e r t panelists will offer concrete advice on managing accounts receivable through software and risk management tools; securing credit information on overseas customers; and understanding how transatlantic commercial collections work.Experts will present the back office pathway to success. Panelists include: • David Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, The OnGuard Group • Maddie Gockel, Sales Director, Graydon International • Mannes Westhuis, Chief Commercial Officer, Bierens InternationalThis event, held at Manhattan's historic Netherland Club, will also include a question & answer session and a networking reception.
- Created by: Jessica Granata
- Jan 18, 2011 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm EST
- Location: MUG Lounge: 448 East 13th st. (bet. 1st ave and ave A)
UG! COMEDY SHOW!! Tuesday Jan. 18th, 2011 ed.
Todd Montesi and Justin Murray present awesome comics in front of a cool supportive crowd in the epicenter of hip NYC the East Village. Featuring both established comic veterans you've seen on TV to the up and comers, UG guarantees a swell time all for FREE! We've also got tons of drink specials ($3 drafts $4 wells)! So what are you waiting for? Come down and UG! it with us!!!
UG! COMEDY SHOW!! (Now @ MUG)
Presented by Todd Montesi and Justin Murray
TUESDAYS @ MUG Lounge
448 East 13th st. (bet. 1st and ave. A)
showtime: 8PM No Cover, One Drink Min.
($3 drafts, $4 wells till 10PM!!!)
For info/reservations: (646) 746-1357
Via subway: L train to 1st ave.; or F train to 2nd ave.
This week's guests (Tuesday Jan. 18th, 2011 lineup):
Good Guy Nick Ruggia!
Killa Maddog Mattern!
Jammin Jay Abbondanza!
Sunny Cindy Cornelson!
Stone Rock Steve Asarch!
Antsy Adam Chisnall!
Human Rubic’s Cube Rubin Mehta!
And More Funny MF'ers!
Hosted by Justin Murray! Featurin
- Created by: Todd M.