- Nov 4, 2010 at 2:00pm EDT to Jan 29, 2011 at 2:00pm EST
- Location: FIAF • Gallery
- Description: The Gallery of the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), New York’s premiere French cultural center, is proud to present from November 4-January 29, 2011, a new exhibit that examines sources of inspiration from two parallel cities, Paris / New York: Crisscross Views. A rare loan from the Maison Européene de la Photographie (MEP) to coincide with the “Mois de la Photo” (Photography Month) in Paris, the exhibit includes striking French and American photography on view for the first time in New York City.
- Created by: Jennifer Kutsher
- Dec 4, 2010 at 1:00pm to Jan 1, 2011 at 7:00am EST
- Location: Several
- Description: Saturday, December 4, 2010 (7-9 p.m.)POETRY-SOUND-MUSIC INTERSECTIONSAT A GATHERING OF THE TRIBES285 East Third Street (Between Ave C & D) #2New York, NY 10009Phone: (212) 674–3778http://www.tribes.org$7 suggested donation / pay what you canYou are invited to “Poetry-Sound-Music Intersections” at A Gathering of the Tribes. The performers include:1st set: Kristin Prevallet (poetry) and Edmund Mooney (electronics)2nd set: Nicole Peyrafitte (vocals, poetry), David Boykin (reeds), Dan Godston (trumpet), and Tom Zlabinger (upright bass).DIRECTIONS: 6 to Bleecker or F,J,M,Z to Essex-Delancey; m1 to 5th & 1st Ave, m9 to 2nd & Ave B, or m21 to 3rd & Ave C; then walk east.Monday, Dec. 27, 2010Evolving Voice/Evolving Music SeriesLocation: Vocal jam #7: Nora McCarthy (voice), Nicole Peyrafitte (perf. art), Andrea Wolper (voice) & François Grillot (bass): 269 East Houston @ Suffolk, NYCRest of the night:8pm - Jason Mears Group> Erika Dagnino (poetry) / Steve Dalachinsky (words) / Jason Mears (sax
- Created by: Nicole Peyrafitte
- Dec 8, 2010 at 1:00pm to Dec 22, 2010 at 8:00am EST
- Location: Film Forum
- Description: She’s a 40-year-old longtime Parisian, with an unruly mop of red hair and soulful, close-set dark brown eyes. Nénette is introspective, perhaps melancholic, but beloved by those who visit her daily. After “having worn out three husbands” and given birth to four children, she’s convalescing from major surgery, and looks forward to life’s simple pleasures, like tea and yogurt at 4:30 each afternoon. Nénette is an orangutan in the famed Jardin des Plantes Exotiques zoo, and acclaimed documentarian Nicolas Philibert (TO BE AND TO HAVE) captures her day-to-day routine in this charming, poignant and wonderfully funny portrait. She’s one of our closest relations — the one with an enviable chunk of Paris real estate to call her own.
- Created by: Film Forum
- Dec 16, 2010 at 6:00am to Jan 7, 2011 at 1:00pm EST
- Location: Agora Gallery
- Description: Chelsea’s Agora Gallery will feature French artist, François Daubagne, in Elements of Abstraction. The exhibition is scheduled to run from December 16, 2010 through January 7, 2011 (opening reception: Thursday, December 02, 2010).François Daubagne’s energetic abstractions appear to melt and swirl in a vibrant dance before our very eyes. We experience rhythm in its purest state, free from the bonds of reality. Often an object, person or landscape serves as a starting point, but then Daubagne then allows his mind and brush to wander, crafting wonderfully rich combinations of organic forms and vivid hues. We may detect remnants of natural vistas or figures, but he usually obscures any realism in favor of his signature abstract expressionism. His style is primarily free form, as daubs of paint drift and collide, dispersing much like oil in water. In fact, this appearance is encouraged by his use of acrylic and oil together on canvas or board. A dreamer with a particularly romantic vision o
- Created by: Lee Eagle
- Dec 21, 2010 to Jan 31, 2011
- Location: union square near by
voic les details
pottery barn changing table white / little cream kendall Classic changing table
very safe, love the space under to put diapers them toys very safe the baby start to walk .
very easy with the space on the right side to put extra diapers cream cotton etc...
after a long study this table was the best on the market ( not cheap but very solid and convenient)
I finally says good by to the diapers I would love to share this table with another family
pick up only we are close of union square. this is a great deal
more detail of the table from the web
* Rigorously tested to meet or exceed the highest industry safety standards.
* Masterfully crafted from solid wood, wood veneers and MDF, anengineered wood that lends exceptional strength and ensures that thechanging table will endure over time.
* All wood is kiln dried for added strength and lasting beauty.
* The use of veneers results in high-quality furniture with flawless surfaces and consistent color tones.
* Our fin
- Created by: brigitte saint Ouen
- Dec 22, 2010 from 8:00am to 10:00am EST
- Location: LEGENDS Bar
- Description: ASNL-PSG, mercredi 22 décembre à 13:00H au Legends. Sans Tiéné et Armand derrière, il va falloir faire gaffe d'autant plus que Nancy joue bien mieux chez lui depuis quelques semaines! Je suis prudent et prends le match nul! Allez Paris, allez PSG.PierrePSG NYC Club de SupportersLegends: 6 W 33rd Street entre 5ème et 6ème avenue!
- Created by: Pierre Watiez
- Dec 22, 2010 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm EST
- Location: McSwiggans: 393 2nd ave. (@ 23rd st.)
Burning Bridges Comedy @ McSwiggans: Weds. Dec. 22nd ed.
The curmudgeon Brooklyn odd couple of Ray Field and Todd Montesi have decided to come together and produce a weekly bibulous filled good time and mirth at their hangout, The New York Classic known as McSwiggans. Featuring top comics, great laughs, cheap drink specials ( for ex. $3 beers, ALL 16 DRAFTS), and a laid-back atmosphere, how can you go wrong with that on a Wednesday night? C'mon, who's tying you down? Forget all of your commitments, burn all your bridges and join us! JOIN US! You won't regret it. (Well, unless you really did burn up all your bridges. It's only a figure of speech dude.)
Weds. Dec. 22nd lineup:
hosted by Ray Field, rainmaker, and featuring Todd Montesi, secretary of Something, Something, and Welfare
Burning Bridges @ McSwiggans
A new weekly comedy show Presented by Ray Field & Todd Montesi
8PM showtime @
- Created by: Todd M.